Make a difference in your community, develop your professional skills and support children and young people by volunteering as a governor at King’s Leadership Academy Hawthornes.
What do governors do?
Our governors have delegated to them the oversight of curriculum & standards, community presence and safeguarding. This includes attendance, student welfare and health and safety.
In short, King’s Leadership Academy Hawthornes governors are the eyes and ears on the ground at school level who support the Trust Board in adhering to their core governance functions:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils
- The effective and efficient performance management of staff.
Why become a school governor?
There are many benefits to becoming a governor:
- Develop your professional skills and experience in areas such as strategic planning, chairing, policy implementation, and teamwork, all of which are valued by employers and can assist your career development;
- Build relationships and networks in your local area and;
- Support children and young people in your community.
To find out more contact our Director of Governance, Michelle Jones